i am very excited to say that i made my first piece of my “body” series today!!
the first of at least 5 works was painting with my hair using india ink.
i had to buy 20 2.5 oz. bottles of india ink
(because that’s the only size i could find)
to ensure my hair would be totally soaked.
this was the first time i have used india ink so i thought the consistency of it would be thicker.
turned out i bought way more than i really needed because it was quite thin
(all well, i want to make another one anyways!).
instead of using canvas like i usually do,
i bought a 10 yard roll of arches paper and had it shipped to my house.
paper is something i have never worked on,
but i thought the ink would sit better on paper than canvas.
i measured out 8 feet of paper and got to work!
(p.s. i know how awful i look. it was a messy job!)
the final product!
i am sooo happy with how it turned out!
i thought about going over it a second time, but i think it looks perfect just how it is.
all it needs is to be framed,
which may cost a small fortune.
especially if i decide to do another 🙂
and then came the cleanup process.
i was sure the ink would come out of my hair,
but it took a lot longer than expected….
my hair after one wash…
it started to turn a little green and gray.
so i went home and shampooed it 4 more times
and it’s almost all gone.
if you have comments, suggestions, etc. i would love to hear!