i have found the best pancakes ever!
this morning, while browsing pinterest,
i came upon an incredibly easy and relatively healthy recipe.
they are called greek yogurt pancakes
from everyday belle.
we made them this morning and it took no longer than 10 minutes!
they were light and fluffy.
not heavy and dry like most pancakes;
probably because of the greek yogurt! yum.
seriously, the best pancakes i think i have ever had!
give them a try,
you won’t be disappointed!
here’s the recipe:
6 oz of your favorite Greek yogurt (can be any flavor, but i used the greek gods vanilla honey)
scant 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
- Open the yogurt container and stir the yogurt until it’s smooth and creamy. Crack an egg over the yogurt and stir to combine. The resulting mixture should be pale yellow in color and have a few lumps here and there.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
- Pour yogurt/egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. The batter will be extremely thick.
- Spoon the batter onto a sprayed griddle or pan heated to medium-high. I usually make four big pancakes, but you could also make 8 smaller ones.
- Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve with butter, syrup, fruit, Nutella….anything! Enjoy!
*recipe and photos found on everyday belle